Get Involved with VBIS
- Do you want to work in a compassionate, caring environment?
- Are you highly organized with a positive problem solving approach?
- Are you interested in a position that will support your professional development and growth?
Then consider applying for the role of Office Administrator with Victoria Brain Injury Society. This is a new role with a growing charity and offers the opportunity for the right person to develop with the position in a number of different directions including fundraising, HR and accounting.
The Office Administrator acts as the central resource for the organization on all administrative matters. The Office Administrator works with a team of volunteers, the Accounting Clerk and other staff members to ensure the smooth running of the organization
A full job description is available Download here.pdf (379.92 KB)
Please send a covering letter and resume outlining how you meet the qualifications for this position to email@example.com quoting “Office Administrator” in the subject line. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
Mandatory Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft applications including excel, access, word and outlook
- Ability to create a safe and supportive environment for clients and maintain a calm and professional demeanor
- Extremely well-organized with great time management skills to schedule administrative workload
- Ability to work both independently and within a team, to take initiative, and to prioritize work even when there are frequent interruptions.
- Aware of, and sensitive to, cultural, ethnic and economic diversity; skilled at handling clients who are experiencing challenges related to mental health and/or substance misuse
- Ability to interpret verbal and non-verbal behaviour, to develop accurate perception and understanding of others’ feelings, needs, values and opinions
- Open to reflective practice, learning, growth and development
- Approachable, helpful, positive and solution-oriented
- A criminal record check is required
- Capacity to learn new skills and software.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- Knowledge and understanding of acquired brain injury
- Experience in office administration preferably in the non-profit sector
- Experience working with volunteers
Victoria Brain Injury Society is dedicated to providing support, education and advocacy to people with brain injuries and their families. We pride ourselves on having a relaxed, positive office environment where people feel free to be themselves. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their racial identity, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity. We encourage people with lived experience of brain injury to apply for positions. Should you require accommodations in order to attend the interview or work in our office environment please let us know.
Are you interested in getting involved but not sure where to start? Check out the different ways you could be involved:
- Job Opportunities
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Become a Member
Contact our Administration for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org